The Chevy Chevelle SS has been one of America’s favorite muscle cars for generations. Everybody has their favorite year and model, but, hands-down, no Chevelle sits higher on everybody’s “got-to-have” list than the fire-breathing big-block 1970 Chevelle SS454.
So, to live up to the title, Super Chevy Dream Giveaway, we went out and found you the best of the best — a no-expense-spared, fully restored 1970 Chevelle SS454 with the rare LS5 454ci engine, the top-dog engine for Chevelle SS454s that came with factory air conditioning.
But, that’s just half of the grand-prize. If you have the lucky ticket number, which may be amongst the entries you receive with your donation, you’ll also bring home a second super Chevy - a matching, high-performance 1969 Camaro SS396. Plus, we will pay out $40,000 for the federal prize taxes on your behalf.
Keep reading to learn more about this super-rare, high-performance best-of-the-best Chevelle SS454!
Chevrolet built 2,197 automatic LS5 Chevelle SS454s for 1970, which accounted for less than half-of-one-percent of production.
This one was built in Cortez Silver with a contrasting red vinyl interior. Talk about an incredible color combination!
From the day it was new, which factory records show was April 2, 1970, this LS5 ’70 Chevelle SS454 stood out as a special muscle car, from its showroom days at Bickerstaff Chevrolet in Buena Vista, Georgia, and through its succession of owners, who loved preserved and restored this amazing muscle car for over 50 years.
Enter and you’ll be one giant step closer to making this classic Chevelle SS454 dream machine the centerpiece of your garage.
This classic ’70 Chevelle SS454 comes with a copy of its original factory broadcast sheet proving it was born an LS5 SS454 with air conditioning, its owner’s manual and it original warranty protectoplate.
The frame-off restoration could win your first place at a national Chevelle meet and includes stunning show-quality paint, a mint, highly detailed engine bay and a detailed chassis.
Veterans’ and children’s charities are counting on you so make your donation today to win!
• 360-hp Turbo-Jet 454 V-8 engine (a $263 extra cost)
• Turbo Hydra-matic (a $221 extra cost)
• Posi-traction Axle, 3.31 ratio (a $42 extra cost)
• 454 SS Package (a $503 extra cost)
• Special-ducted hood (a $147 extra cost)
• F70-14 RWL performance tires (a $62 extra cost)
• Power steering (a $105 extra cost)
• Power brakes (a $42 extra cost)
• Front disc brakes (a $65 extra cost)
• Air conditioning (a $376 extra cost)
• Hood and deck sport stripes (a $68 extra cost)
• Special performance suspension (a $29 extra cost)
• Heavy-duty battery (a $15 extra cost)
• Tinted glass all windows (a $42 extra cost)
• Front floor mats (an $11 extra cost)
• Push button AM radio (a $61 extra cost)
This 1970 Chevelle SS454 is safely stored on a Backyard Buddy lift in our climate-controlled facility in Florida. It is detailed and ready to go home with you. Where will you take it out first? A Saturday night cruise? A Sunday cars and coffee? Or to work to show off to your colleagues and coworkers?
If you’re ready to open your garage and find this 1970 Chevelle SS454 and a matching 1969 Camaro SS396 waiting for you to turn their keys, then enter now. Plus, we will pay out $40,000 for the taxes so you don’t have to.